Website is loading a blank page. When visit the domain, a file is instead requested to be downloaded. Perhaps the website hosted on the domain is using WordPress too.
Here are potentional problems, it's likely a web hosting server environment issue:
- server software, like Linux, Windows, PHP, Apache, etc.
- wordpress code with plugins or theme
- local desktop issue
Peep this swift possible fix list and move on with the rest of your day...
- file permissions for folders on web server
- double-check .htaccess, allow php variations to be on the safe side
- *if using cPanel, check the
/home/user/folder for .htaccess and compare with the stuff in
- local firewall or a download manager setting is installed
- open the blank file and analyze / inspect code for PHP stuff, like version, .ini, or any other hints
- disable all extensions and recheck in private browser tabs
- launch up multiple browsers and test in each of those
- check for browser hijacker trash and do swift cleanup
- uninstall chrome, restart PC than reinstall
- clear browsing data
- IE > tools > connection > lan >
- don't use proxy = un-check it and select automatically detect settings
- do use proxy = double-check settings
- launch CMD and type ipconfig /renew
- run browser in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (or XP)
- install and run ccleaner
- install and run spybot search and destroy
- install and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Try adding this snippet to the .htaccess file in the
/home/userXYZ folder, if using cPanel.
search queries | incoming search keywords
- blank page loads tries to download file
- wordpress download blank file blank page loads
- blank page loads downloads file
- download blank file when visiting website
- when visit website tries to download file
- blank file download visit website
Moved WordPress to New Server, Now Tries to Download a File
Chrome won't open pages, only loads a download file
Using web browser page loads but screen blank
How to fix Google Chrome Blank page(s) problem.