Install Config and Connect using FTP server
The specific program we'll be installing is called vsftpd (366 kB) and it stands for Very Secure FTP Daemon. It's a super dooper lightweight FTP server. It's great, and you'll love it.
apt-get install vsftpdand press Y
nano /etc/vsftpd.confwill open the file inside SSH so you can make edits and tweaks
- Double-check and glance over the file and make you see
anonymous_enable=NOto prevent random dudes from connecting your VPS, that could be bad.
- Please uncomment (just remove #) and make it so:
write_enable=YES- now we can upload files
- Let's save and restart the vsFTPd service
CTRL + Xthan Y and press Enter
service vsftpd start
You can now launch up FileZilla and connect with root credentials using port 22. Typically, anything you upload to
/var/www/html will be visible on the web.
This concludes the tutorial, thanks for your time.
similar keywords searches
- configure ftp server
- setup ftp server using filezilla
- install and configure server 2012
- install ftp server 2012
- install ftp server linux
- configure ftp server 2008 r2
- configure ftp ubuntu
- install ftp server windows 10