When you try to access your server using SSH do you get an access denied error? Please make your PuTTY settings match the picture below in regards to keyboard-interactive authentication errors.
- PuTTY Configuration
- Make sure these boxes are checked:
- Display pre-authentication banner (SSH-2 only)
- Attempt authentication using Pageant
- Attempt “keyboard-interactive” auth (SSH-2)
Searching on the web using phrase “keyboard-interactive authentication” will also yield helpful solutions.
The error could be caused by an incorrect password. Make sure that you are not including any spaces if you are copy / pasting the password into Putty.
One more thing, in high-security environments sometimes keyboard interactive methods may be disabled by default to prevent brute-force login attempts.
- putty using keyboard authentication
- keyboard interactive authentication failed
- ssh keyboard interactive authentication
- cisco using keyboard interactive authentication
- ssh keyboard interactive
- ssh disable keyboard interactive
- cisco keyboard interactive authentication
- cisco enable ssh version 2